July 14, 2007
posted by Amber at 11:40 AM

2 cups Chicken, chopped
3 cups Rice
1 can "cream of something" Soup, mix with 1/4 cup Milk or Water
(I use chicken or mushroom)
1 stalk Celery, diced
1 small can sliced Black Olives
1 Green Onion (Scallions), chopped
1 small can chopped roasted mild Chilies
½ - 1 cup Chinese Dry Noodles
(I use the thin ones called "rice noodles")
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ cup chopped Peanuts
1 small can crushed Pineapple

You can make these toppings whatever suits your taste. My family does not eat celery, olives, or pineapple, but I miss these toppings. Alter the toppings and amounts of the toppings to your own family's desires. My son likes bbq sauce on top of his Hay Stack. I've been out of some things, and added salsa, too.

Everything is set out "buffet style". I serve the rice, chicken and soup hot. Your stack starts with rice and chicken and ends with spooning cream soup over the top. This is a great potluck menu, where everyone brings part, with several parts of rice, chicken, soup, and cheese.
Submitted by: Heidi

Labels: