March 22, 2007
posted by Amber at 5:56 PM

4 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
3 cups fresh or frozen Raspberries or Blueberries
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Sour Cream
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400'F for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins test done. This is a big recipe, so be prepared for a lot of muffins.
submitted by: Christine

Labels:

 
6 Comments:


At March 22, 2007 at 6:03 PM, Blogger Amber

Okay, Christine, stupid question, but if you use frozen blueberries do you need to let them thaw first, or can you just use them straight from the freezer?? I have always wondered that about blueberry muffins, so I have never made them...

 

At March 22, 2007 at 8:17 PM, Blogger Kimberley

well it is Christine's recipe so I suppose she could answer but as far as I know you can just throw them in frozen. It shouldn't matter. At least for me it has always worked.

 

At March 23, 2007 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Gina

That is the best muffin recipe ever, I think Christine and I traded it with each other!! I put the berries in frozen.

 

At March 23, 2007 at 9:05 PM, Blogger Christine

Amber, it is better if you put them in frozen because then they don't mush together. They look more like a berry then.

 

At March 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM, Blogger Dianna

ok i'll definately try this muffin recipe as soon as I'm caught up.

 

At August 19, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I just tried this recipe today, and we love it. It was easy to make, and tastes really, really good. Thanks!