2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
1lb Ground Beef
1 cup regular strength Beef Broth (I use OXO)
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp (or less) Salt
1/4 tsp (or more) Pepper
1 tbsp Ketchup
1/2 tsp Worchestershire
1/2 tsp prepared Mustard, Dijon or Dry Mustard
1 cup (or more) mixed Frozen Veggies
6 medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 to 5 cloves Garlic, roasted or freshly minced
2 tbsp Butter or Margarine (optional)
1/4 cup Milk
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F, reduce by 15 if using glass dish
2. Grease 8" square baking pan or 10" deep dish pie plate (I use a big corningware dish)
3. Saute onions in butter till tender in wide skillet over medium heat, add beef cook through.
4. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add broth, ketchup, worchestershire, mustard, cook briefly.
5. Stir in frozen vegetables. Add more broth if needed to make a juicy but thick filling.
6. Scoop into prepared dish. Level with spoon.
7. Meanwhile prepare potatoes.
8. Drain well. Mash potatoes. Add garlic, butter, milk and salt. Mash until fluffy.
9. Heap onto pie filling and spread to edges of dish.
10. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned and filling is bubbly.
11. Freezes great before you bake with potatoes, or you can freeze just the filling.
Submitted by: Sabrina
Labels: Main Courses - Beef