January 21, 2008
posted by Amber at 9:15 PM

2 cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
1 can (398mL) Artichoke Hearts, drained and quartered
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbsp bottled Pickled Capers, drained
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp Butter
1 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 tsp each Salt and coarsely ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp chopped Fresh Oregano Leaves
(or 2 tsp dried, but it's really worth it to get fresh!!)

Preheat oven to 425. Spread tomatoes, artichokes, garlic and capers in a single layer in a 13x9 baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables. Dot chicken and vegetables with butter; drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with whole grain rice or couscous.
Submitted by: Kimberly

Labels:

 
3 Comments:


At January 23, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Blogger Amber

I bought all the ingredients for this today...I'm quite excited to try it out this week!!

 

At January 29, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Blogger Erica H

Yum, yum, YUMMO! I love capers and artichokes - I'm going to use this recipe this week!

 

At February 2, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Blogger Amber

This recipe got 3 stars out of a possible 4 :) My mom, dad & I all liked it but Erik did not :( Erik & I both enjoyed the chicken quesedilla's I made the day after using the left over chicken though! So maybe it's a 3 1/2 star.